The all-new MBX-AMP is part of the latest generation of professional grade streamers from Russound, dedicated to high-resolution music performance and installation flexibility. They both bring Bluetooth® and Wi-Fi versatility to the customer’s music and fingertip control for their music pleasure.
When the MBX-AMP is installed in a customer’s home, the music content in their smart phone, tablet, or any of their mobile devices is instantly available through their entertainment system or TV at the tap of a fingertip with the easy-to-use Russound App. These new MBX streamers are the best solution to give consumers 'wireless sourcing' from any of their hand held devices, streaming services and NAS drives - as well as localised source options too*.
Built on a fast next-gen processor, the MBX-AMP provides ultra-fast response with tasks like album art based menu browsing and hassle-free synching and grouping among any rooms now a seamless pleasure.More user-friendly than other streamers, the MBX-AMP has front panel controls that can allow customers to control volume, play/pause and also have a slick new feature called “favourites”. This feature enables the MBX-AMP to play not only the customers’ favourites, but also provides immediate access to the last selection that the customer was playing.
MBX-AMP is also 'Voice Compatible' with Alexa and Google Home via built-in Chromecast and it provides a host of streaming service support too. The new MBX-AMP now has native support for Tidal, Deezer and ANY audio through Chromecast (built-in), adding to Russound's existing support for Spotify, TuneIn, vTuner, UPnP devices, and of course Apple AirPlay.
Want more than streaming? Then here is your TV & Auxilliary amplifier too.
The MBX-AMP is not purely just a streamer. With the availability of digital (optical) and analogue (3.5mm stereo) inputs allows the addition of up to two external sources if needed (can be set up to auto-switch to the digital input too) making it ideal for amplifying your locally connected devices - such as TV's. Furthermore, with the usage of the included IR receiver you can also attenuate your TV's volume and more (even use a Russound USRC remote too for enhanced features). Just use the included Infrared Sensor and quickly teach the MBX-AMP your remote control's volume and mute commands. It's that easy.
On the power output stage the MBX-AMP has a 'smart' digital amplifier that allows for 'soft clipping' (for smoother audio performance at higher listening levels) and also has a high grade DAC internally that will support the best resolution digital audio formats (NAS or Streaming services). On the power side of the equation the MBX-AMP delivers a healthy 50 watts per channel into an 8 ohm load (70 watts per channel into a 4 ohm load), and also has a designated subwoofer output alongside the speaker outputs - ideal for adding a dedicated subwoofer for your customer for an impressive 2.1 configuration (ideal if your customer is a 'bass-head' if used alongside in-ceiling speakers).
The MBX-AMP in addition has dedicated digital and analogue pre-outputs too (optical & 3.5mm stereo) if you require connectivity to other amps or receivers, and also has a handy 12V trigger to enable activation of external amplifiers and AV receivers upon engagement. The MBX-AMP also has a handy USB input that allows for the easy plug-in of external hard drives or flash drives for an additional source of content.
Want Keypad or Touchscreen control alongside the Russound App for iOS & Android?
If your customers want the simple safety net of a keypad to control the MBX-AMP, then Russound has you covered too. The MBX range supports both the new Russound IPK-1 keypad, and also the forthcoming XTS7 Touchscreen (Due Summer 2022). The useful additon of the IPK-1 keypad means that you can also have simple and straight forward control over on/off, volume, track forward/track reverse and 4 favourite buttons all at the keypad. If you are after more luxurious control, then the new XTS7 will give you all the intuitive and flexible control of the Russound App (plus additional App's) at the wall too.
Ideal for small or large systems, the MBX-AMP allows for expansion to up to 32 streaming rooms of audio in a single installation with any combination of other MBX-Series® streaming products from Russound. When paired with a Russound multi-room controller, system expansion is possible up to 8 independent audio sources and up to 48 total rooms of audio.
The next generation of audio streaming, connectivity and professional grade audio performance from Russound has arrived!
Russound MBX-AMP - High Resolution Streamer & Zonal Amplifier - Features & Benefits:
- Apple™ AirPlay
- Voice Control is available using Amazon Alexa
- Spotify Connect (Premium), Tidal & Deezer
- vTuner & Tunein Internet radio support
- High Resolution audio playback (supports up to 24-bit/192 kHz)
- USB input for digital music media
- Digital & Analogue 'Local' Inputs
- Digital & Analogue Outputs
- 12v Trigger Output
- Hard Button 'Favourites' with Volume Control & Play/Pause
- 50 Watts per channel into 8 Ohms
- 70 watts per channel into 4 Ohms
- Subwoofer output
- Infra-red control (includes SLM-1 IR Receiver)
- Control via the 'MyRussound' App or XTS in-wall touchscreen
- Russound Certified Installer Product
Russound MBX-AMP - High Resolution Streamer & Zonal Amplifier - Specifications:
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20KHz
- Speaker Output: 50 Watts Per Channel @ 8ohms & 70 Watts Per Channel @ 4ohms
- Audio Outputs: 1 x Analogue (3.5mm Stereo Audio), 1 x Digital (Optical) & 1 x Subwoofer (RCA)
- Line Audio Output: 2V rms
- Audio Inputs: 1 x Analogue (3.5mm Stereo Audio), 1 x Digital (Optical) & 1 x USB 2.0 (Media Playback/Thumbdrive)
- Bluetooth Audio Support: Yes
- Apple Airplay Support: Yes
- Chromecast Support: Yes
- Streaming Services: Deezer, Spotify & Tidal
- Internet Radio: Tunein & vTuner
- Wi-Fi: 802.11ac, Dual band
- Music File Formats: MP3 (CBR, VBR), WAV (8, 16-bit), OGG Vorbis, FLAC (8, 16-bit) & AAC, AAC+ (supports up to 24-bit/192kHz)
- Trigger Output: 12vDC @100mA
- Communication Ports: Ethernet RJ45 10/100 BaseT
- Power Requirements: 220-240 VAC (50Hz)
- Product Dimensions (W x D x H): 21cm x 17.8cm x 4.5cm
- Product Weight: 1.5 kg